8.10.2010

let's go to the movies

Selections from our inadvertent liveblogging of “Seamless” while on gchat. I can think of few better ways to spend a Monday night than this.


D: After this day, a movie diversion is so welcome.

A Lady: Oh, I have a tub of watermelon at the ready.

D: I suggest adding vodka. Mmm, watermelon. Mmm, booze.

A Lady: Ahahaha I love this intro: "retired, bought out, retired, ABOUT TO DIE." Poor Mr. de la Renta.
Also: I live for Anna's impatient, post-speech headcocks.

D: Anna's head says "I made a point there, motherfucker.”


A Lady: True story: I hate that gay men dress me, or have any say in what I wear.

D: I want ladies to dress me. They get it.
Well, and Alber.

A Lady: And Raf.
Have I mentioned how fucking sick I am of Marc Jacobs? I get it: bows. dots. ugh.
I can't even bring myself to wear stuff of his that I already own.
Oh, P.S., did you see that? Barneys.
No apostrophe.
TAKE NOTE, READERS.
(I have few pet peeves. That is a major one.)

D: Snob approved.


A Lady: Wait, does she go by Doo.ri? The period included? Like Jennifer 8. Lee?

D: Doo.ri and Jennifer 8. Lee: they have exceeded us in pretension.
(I find it hilare that I am eating pita chips/covered in pita crumbs while watching a movie about high fashion.)

A Lady: (I wish I had a bag of baked cheetos.)

D: Oh duuuude. We should've planned ahead for that.



(Photos from the 2004 CFDA spread in Vogue are on the screen)

A Lady: do you remember any of these pics? Because I do.

D: Poor Peter Som, relegated to the background of his own shoot.

A Lady: Tom Ford trying to figure out how to say "Schouler"? Amazebomb.

D: Proenza Schouler boys: STOP SAYING CUTE

A Lady: KYUTE

D: STOP SAYING HOT

A Lady: "They fit so hot!"

D: Pet peeve. I fucking hate "cute".

A Lady: "KEEYUUUUTE"

"Why am I not...you know...enjoying my freaking brioche?"

D: "WHY AM I NOT ENJOYING MY FREAKING BRIOCHE?"
Hehehehehe.

A Lady: JINX!
Um, so: Daria. Do you remember the president of the fashion club?

D: ZOMG YES

A Lady: …and have you heard her voice yet in this movie?
Because I have. IN A MAN.
“I. Am. The president. Of. The fashion club.”

D: KEYUUUUUTE!

A Lady: HOTTTTT!

No comments:

Post a Comment